The Point is a private home, and we kindly ask our guests and visitors to keep this in mind during their stay. We ask all guests to treat the home, its contents, and any other users of the shared spaces with respect and kindness.
All guests who book a stay at or visit The Point agree to abide by the house rules listed below.
Check-In & Check-Out:
- Check-in time is 3:00pm.
- Check-out time is 10:00am.
- Please contact us for any queries on flexible check-in times.
The “Big” Rules:
- Strictly no parties or events.
- No unregistered guests are allowed on the property.
- No visiting pets.
- Quiet hours between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am applies. No loud music or excessive noise between these times. (This is a residential neighbourhood, and we ask that you please respect our neighbours, especially while using the outdoor spaces).
- No smoking including hubbly/hookah or vaping is allowed inside the property. (Designated smoking areas are provided outside. Guests caught smoking indoors will be billed a deep cleaning fee of R1000 for room rentals and R5000 for whole house rentals.)
- No illegal substances are allowed on the premises.
- No firearms or otherwise dangerous or restricted weapons are allowed on the property.
**Violation of the above rules will result in immediate eviction.**
Additional Rules for All Bookings:
- Please respect check-in and check-out times.
- No eating or drinking in or on the beds.
- No glass in the pool area. Glass alternatives provided for use by the pool.
- No wetsuits or wet/sandy items inside the house. Please rinse off in the outside shower area and store any wet and sandy gear in the outdoor lockers.
- Swimwear and wetsuits can be left out to dry in the drying area, but please keep in mind that The Point is not responsible for any theft, loss, or damage to unattended items.
- Please keep the kitchen tidy and take out garbage as needed to avoid any pests or odours.
- Please do not leave indoor or outdoor fires unattended.
- Please ensure all doors and windows are secured overnight, and anytime you leave the property.
- Please take care of your keys. Lost keys will incur a replacement fee between R200 and R500, depending on the type of key.
- Please do not remove any items from the property at any time.
- Please do not rearrange the furniture.
- Please take care of the furniture and linens, as stains and damages will incur a cleaning or replacement fee.
- For whole house bookings, we require a damage deposit of R4400 for any damages or penalties incurred during the stay. Deposits will be refunded within 48 hours of check-out, not including international processing times.
- South Africa is experiencing shortages in both electricity and water. Please be conservative with your use of these precious resources by switching lights off when you leave and limiting running water when not necessary.
- Our parking spots are reserved for registered guests only. The Point does not take responsibility for any theft, loss, or damages to vehicles or their contents while onsite.
- The Point does not take responsibility for any theft, loss, or damages of personal belongings. Each room includes a small safe for valuables.
- If making use of our paid laundry service, please give any special instructions to our household staff. However, it is important to note that The Point is not responsible for any loss or damage to guest clothing.
Additional Rules for Room Bookings:
Guests who book rooms will be sharing the common spaces of The Point with other guests, as well as the owners, Crystal, Luke, and their dog, Cola.
- Please respect all shared spaces and be considerate of other guests, particularly when it comes to noise.
- Parking at The Point is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please do not block in other vehicles. If there is no parking available, there are options for parking on the grass. Please ask your hosts to identify the correct parking areas.
- Do not park on the driveway or block the sidewalk. Vehicles in violation may be ticketed or towed.
- The clothes washing machine can be used on days when the cleaning service is not onsite. Please do not use the washing machine on cleaning days (Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays) so that our staff can complete their tasks without delay.
- Bed linens are changed once every week and towels are changed twice every week.
- The kitchen is a shared space. With that in mind, we ask all guests to do their own dishes as soon as finished cooking or eating to allow all guests at The Point the luxury of a clean kitchen!
- Guests are welcome to use the fridge and pantry, however, we ask guests to use their labelled shelves and containers to avoid mixing up food.
- The Point is not responsible for any lost food or beverages. Please make use of the mini fridges in-room to avoid this issue. Do not take any food from the fridge or pantry that is not labelled “Shared” or “Free”.
- Please remove personal belongings from shared spaces when not in use. The Point is not responsible for any theft, loss, or damage to personal items left in shared spaces.
- There are two shared bathrooms with showers shared by 3 guest rooms. Please be considerate of other guests and limit the length of time spent in the bathrooms.
- Please do not feed Cola any human food or treats without permission from his owners.
- Please do not invite Cola onto the furniture.
- Please be considerate of Cola’s needs as a rescue dog. He is a friendly dog but can be overwhelmed easily. If you would like to interact with him, let him make the first move and approach you. If he runs away or avoids you, please respect his space.