Whole House Rentals
Whole house bookings at The Point offer groups exclusive use of our holiday house and private access to our pool and garden areas shown in our listing photos. A whole house rental includes the Poolside Master Suite with a king bed and luxurious ensuite bathroom. Our 5 bedroom and 4 bathroom house can accommodate group sizes of up to 10.
Completing our booking form does not automatically confirm your booking.
Exclusive use of house, pool, and front garden
- Backup power for loadshedding
- Free high-speed WiFi
Twice weekly cleaning service (included)
Weekly pool and garden service (included)
Minimum Length of Stay:
- October 1-March 31: 7 night minimum
- April 1-September 30: 4 night minimum
Please enquire for exceptions
Long Term Discounts:
Discounts will be applied for stays of 14 days or longer, not including bookings during high season (Nov 1 to Feb 28).
- -10% mid season – Sep 1-Oct 31 & Mar 1-May 31
- -20% low season – Jun 1-Aug 31
Please enquire for additional discounts on stays longer than 28 days.
Deposit and cancellation
A deposit must be made at the time of booking. A booking is not confirmed until a deposit has been received.
- Bookings made within 14 days of arrival require a 100% deposit.
- All other bookings require a 50% deposit, with the balance payable 14 days before arrival.
- If your balance has not been paid when due, the booking will be considered cancelled.
All cancellations, regardless of notice, are subject to a fee equal to 50% of the first night's stay. The following rules also apply:
Bookings made for peak season dates (Dec 1 - Jan 15):
- 100% refund if cancelled 60 days or more before arrival.
- 50% refund if cancelled 30-59 days before arrival.
- 25% refund if cancelled 15-29 days before arrival.
- No refund if cancelled within 14 days of arrival.
All other bookings:
- 100% refund if cancelled 30 days or more before arrival.
- 50% refund if cancelled 15-29 days before arrival.
- 25% refund if cancelled 7-14 days before arrival.
- No refund if cancelled within 7 days of arrival.
We collect and refund online payments in South African Rand. For guests who pay in a foreign currency, the Rand value of your payment and your refund will always be the same, but the amount of your refund reflects the exchange rate on the day we issue the refund. Exchange rates change every day so the amount you get back won’t match what you paid. When we issue a refund to a card using another currency, your bank will convert it from Rand for you. We are not involved in this exchange process and not liable for any loss that may occur due to change in foreign exchange rates between the time of booking and the date of refund.
To read the full Terms and Conditions, including deposit, breakage deposit, and cancellation policies, please visit this link.
All guests must abide by the entire list of House Rules which can be viewed here.
The following “major” rules will be strictly enforced. Violation of any of the rules below will lead to immediate eviction and cancellation of the balance of your booking, with no refund.
- Strictly no parties or events.
- No unregistered guests are allowed on the property.
- No visiting pets.
- Quiet hours between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am applies. No loud music or excessive noise between these times.
- No smoking is allowed inside the property. (Designated smoking areas are provided outside. Guests caught smoking indoors will be billed a whole house deep cleaning fee of R5000.)
- No illegal substances are allowed on the premises.
- No firearms or otherwise dangerous or restricted weapons are allowed on the property.
Please review all House Rules before confirming your booking.
Owner access to property
Guests with pet allergies not recommended
While our listing is not pet friendly, and visiting pets are not allowed onsite, this property is not ideal for those with pet allergies.
When the owners are onsite in the separate office or flatlet, our dog Cola will have access to the outdoor areas. He does not have access to indoor areas (unless you leave a door open and he sneaks in!), but you will likely see him around and may hear an occasional bark or request for pets!
While not sharing the house at the time of your stay, Cola has access to the house between stays. The house is cleaned thoroughly during and between every stay, but we cannot guarantee that the property is free of pet dander, and ask that those with pet allergies take that into consideration before booking.
Bookings including infants and youth under 18 years of age
The Point is not well-suited to hosting children and infants. The pool area is not gated and we do not have the appropriate safety features in place to guarantee the safety of younger guests.
However, with this information in mind, you are welcome to request a booking that includes guests under 18. Please include the ages of any guests under 18 in your request. If there is an infant in your booking, we are able to offer a travel crib, baby bath, and high chair for feeding. Please enquire at the time of booking.